Sleeping two, Iris is named after the beautiful yellow iris plants (iris pseudacorus) that grow wild along the burn, which runs the length of the croft until finally dropping into the sea.
Iris is nestled above the burn (Alltan nan Iall) and the ruin of the old croft barn with fabulous views of Loch Nedd and mountains. Iris is a beautiful blue colour reflecting the colour of the sea and the sky on a sunny, spring day. It has a king-sized bed, wood-burning stove, hand-crafted kitchen area with induction hob, full sized oven and fridge. The ensuite bathroom features a rainfall shower and bespoke carved stone hand basin.
Iris has a beautiful texture with a feature wall created from recycled wood worn by the sea, as well as oak flooring and doors.
Outside on the private terrace is a Swedish-style, wood-fired hot tub, table and chairs and charcoal BBQ.
- Wood-fired hot tub preheated on first night (from January 2024 this will need to be booked as an ‘extra’ and added to your booking)
- Hot tub Turkish style towels
- Electric heating
- Internal Hobbit log burner
- Small basket of logs
- Hot water
- Fluffy towels
- Egyptian cotton, luxury bed linen
- Wifi (limited due to being satellite – okay for email and Google browsing not streaming music/films or gaming)
- Free-Sat TV (no players e.g. iplayer etc.)
- Hair dryer
- Bluetooth speaker
- Charcoal BBQ – coals need to be purchased from us.
- Initial supply luxury soap
- Eco-friendly washing-up liquid
- Toilet rolls
- Sponge/scourer and brush
- Cleaning products
- Mini bottle olive oil
- Tea/coffee bags (initial supply)
- Tunnocks wafers
- Milk (small bottle on request)
If you have any allergies to the above please let us know.
A bundle consisting of a net bag of kiln-dried hardwood, kindling, firelighters & small logs suitable for reheating the hot tub the following day or for use in the internal Hobbit stove, can be pre-ordered or purchased during your stay. (Only logs purchased from West coast Hideaways can be used within the log burners due to the specific size required – see T&C’s.) The hot tub is easily brought up to temperature the following day and there are instructions displayed and a ‘how to’ video contained within the guest log-in feature.